In a given year, Foothill Unity Center provided:
The impact of the extraordinary gifts of time and donations, both in-kind and monetary, to Foothill Unity Center have been transformative and far-reaching. In a given year, community support helps celebrate the following achievements:
• Provides nearly 4 million pounds of food to low-income and homeless individuals
• Generates over 50,000 unique client services that provided food, health, and social services
• Registers over 1,000 children for back-to-school with access to uniforms/clothing, backpacks, haircuts, health screenings, and higher education information
• Distributes new toys, clothing, books and more for more than 1,400 children during the holidays
• Provides over 5,000 bus tokens/taxi vouchers/transit vouchers
• Provides nearly 100 emergency shelter motel vouchers
• Conducts over 130 dental & 100 vision screenings
• Completes over 1,600 dental procedures
• Facilitates over 140 doctor visits
Despite all of these accomplishments, we realize that the need has never been greater. Within our current service areas, nearly 88,000 individuals live below the poverty line. We have to be prepared to assist them.
Foothill Unity Center is a place of real hope and possibilities for people in crisis throughout the San Gabriel Valley, meeting the emergency and basic needs of nearly 5,000 families and 10,000 individuals every year.
The Future of Foothill Unity Center, Inc.
The space we currently have available hinders our current programs, and is a barrier to the expansion of service. Anyone who visits Foothill Unity Center’s buildings can attest to our cramped facilities. Our vision is to provide a more comprehensive, “one-stop” experience for the individuals and families, where: all basic needs are met; all get the necessary support to become self-sufficient; and all are treated with love and dignity … all the time.
After years of planning, studying, and evaluating, we have decided to move forward with the purchase of a larger building located at 790 West Chestnut in Monrovia.
The larger facility will offer solutions to the needed warehouse, staff, and program space. It will increase operational efficiency and improve internal communication. For all these reasons, we are embarked on our first-ever, capital campaign to raise $6 million and purchase the new headquarters. A campaign of this size is perhaps the most significant event in the 36-year history of Foothill Unity Center.
We invite you to become a campaign supporter. You can choose to provide a one-time donation to the campaign or pay your gift over 3-5 years.
Our community is depending upon us to succeed because individuals and families in need cannot afford for us to fail. Together, we know that can we can and will find the way to achieve our vision.